Find all related content to this lesson HERE.
About Show Me Your Lick Series
We have a brand new series with a unique concept that we are excited about. In each Show Me Your Lick lesson, we create a backing track, then compose several licks to play along with the track. On the day of the shooting, neither of us have heard each others lick until then. After playing the lick, we’ll teach the other person how to play it, showing you how to play it in the process. These initial videos will be posted to our YouTube Channel, like the first lesson seen above.
What’s in each package?
- The first two licks you heard on our YouTube Channel in standard notation and tablature
- Two additional licks in standard notation and tablature
- Guitar Pro Files
- Analytical notes on the additional two licks (see below)
- Discover why each note was chosen. This is key to coming up with your own licks.
- HD video of each lick played at speed and slow
- MP3 backing track for you to practice these licks and come up with your own
Click HERE to read more about the first lesson, Rock in E Mixolydian.
When you feel like you have a good handle over the backing track, record yourself playing one of these licks or your own, share it, and tag us!